1. While we are primarily interested in the spiritual aspects of ancient wisdom in our book, it must be recognized that there are other aspects of the Ancient Egyptian’s knowledge that are of interest to the modern World. The Giza Plateau is of particular importance. It is the location of the largest structures built by humans using incredibly large stones with great precision using building methods that are totally incongruent with our understanding of the tools of the time.
2. We accept that the Pyramids of Ancient Egypt most likely served multiple purposes. As we discuss in Awakening Higher Consciousness, we see the earliest of human literature found in the Texts of the Saqqara Pyramids a few miles south of the Giza Plateau as offering guidance for awakening our higher Self though initiation (see Blog #1: The Greeks We Love, E.G. Plato & Pythagoras, Gained Wisdom From Egypt. They Weren't Interested In Dead People). But there is practically no writing in the three Great Pyramids of Giza.
3. We have personally tested the proportions of the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid of Giza for its perfection in support of the production of musical tones that can be produced within it. In addition, some authors have suggested that the Great Pyramid was a power plant and/or that it generated a ionizing field in support of agriculture production. There is good evidence that the understructure included a ram water pump. And of course there are those who connect the whole structure of the pyramids to aliens and UFOs.
4. Another aspect of the studies of the Ancient Egyptian constructions on the Giza Plateau involves a search for the logic behind the layout of these great structures. They were constructed with incredible accuracy and attention to detail, especially recognizing the immense stone blocks that were used in their construction. It follows that the builders paid equal attention to their spatial arrangement and the overall layout on the plateau.
5. Robert Bauval developed the Orion Correlation Theory (OCT) in the early 1990’s. It proposed that the layout of the three largest pyramids was fashioned to mirror the three bright stars in the belt of the constellation Orion. In the OCT, the Milky Way is said to be represented by the Nile River.
6. An alternative interpretation of the Giza Plateau layout has been proposed by Andrew Collins (1999) who looked at the whole arrangement from the opposite side of the heavens as the constellation Cygnus. He proposed that the three great pyramids line up as the cross of the constellation Cygnus, (the Latinized word for “swan” - http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/cygnus_blueprint.htm).